Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Using APIs

I've been spending much of my time recently using APIs (application programming interface) at work, so I haven't had much time to research SQL topics.  For any of you who don't know, APIs are used as a way into an application without providing the code/table diagrams underneath.

For example, if I, as a programmer, want to give people access into my database, but not allow them in directly, I would give them access to an API.  APIs are used for inserting data into the database or retrieving information without giving away what's in your database.

Anyway, I've been spending time recently trying to use some of the APIs from our billing vendor to see if I can increase my work performance.  I'll keep you informed of anything I think worthy of note.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment